Sunday 6 July 2014

You're Too Kind

Evening all, today has been a lovely day here in Surrey. We were slightly worried that it was going to rain as we had a family BBQ planned but it turned out really lovely. Craig and his friend Rob cleared out the back garden this morning so it now looks a lot bigger and nice and open so that we had lots of space when the Herrington's turned up. I really enjoy it when we can all get together for family meals but we can't often do this at our house as we can't seat everyone so BBQ season is perfect. Mini monkey loves it as he gets lots of attention from his uncles but is always sad to see them leave. As dinner was done and Ethan was so tired he went to bed early I have been able to have a relaxing hour in my craft room to create this card.


I've used my favourite In Colour's again as I just can't get enough of them. The stamp set Too Kind is so fun to create with. You can create two tone flowers easily with the different flower part stamps, either using different colours or as I have done here the same colour but stamping onto scrap paper first. I had forgotten how intense the Blackberry Bliss ink was so with the big flower I only stamped the background section on scrap once before stamping onto my card but with the small flower I stamped the background section twice onto scrap and then onto my card. This way I could see the front section a little clearer but I think  both flowers have turned out well.

As this card involved six different stamps, several of which I wanted to line up neatly, I found my Stampin' Scrub and Stamp-a-ma-jig invaluable. These are two tools that are always in easy reach on my craft table as I hardly make any cards without them. The Stampin' Scrub is a great stamp cleaner with a wet side and a dry side which means I don't have to get up each time I've stamped something in order to wash the ink off the stamp. Especially good if you want to use the same stamp with different colours. The Stamp-a-ma-jig was really handy for this card as I wanted to make sure that the flowers met the top of the stems and the sections of the two flowers lined up nicely. All you have to do is place the plastic in the positioning tool then stamp straight onto the plastic. You then place the stamped image over the top of your card where you want the image to be, remove the plastic from the positioning tool and stamp in the same place. Perfect every time.

Supplies:

All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.

Stamps: Too Kind
Card: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Whisper White and Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack
Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow
Tools and Embellishments: Stampin' Scrub, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products feel free to contact me using the details at the top of the page or alternatively you can order from Stampin' Up! directly using the button on the right remembering to find my name in the demonstrator list before completing your purchase!




No comments:

Post a Comment