Sunday 20 July 2014

Itty Bitty Girl

Evening all, once again I am crafting late because it is so much cooler than during the day, it does mean however that the photos are not the best. 

I don't think I've mentioned yet that I am going to be having a stall at the Ash Friends of Shooting Star Chase Summer fair in two weeks time. Shooting Star Chase is an amazing charity which is a leading children's hospice charity caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families. Whether lives are measured in days, weeks, months or years, they are there to make every moment count. They support families from diagnosis to end of life and throughout bereavement with a range of nursing, practical, emotional and medical care. It would be great to see you all there to help support this wonderful charity. On my stall I will be selling my cards as well as doing ongoing demonstrations of Stampin' Up! products. This now means that I am panicking that I don't have a big enough variety of cards to sell!

When I was looking through the cards I do have I realised I didn't have any new baby cards and so that is where I started. Tonight's card is for a baby girl and tomorrow I will show you the baby boy version.


The idea for this came from a card made by Susan from Simple Stampin that I found on Pinterest. I thought the owl holding balloons was just cute and so decided to have a go myself. Mine is a little simpler than Susan's as I wanted to try and make a few in one go but could easily have extra bits added to it if you have more time. To create the owl wings I cut the front part of the owl that was created in Rose Red in half and then rounded the points, before I rounded them it looked like a pink bat! The stamps in the Itty Bitty Baby stamp set are just so cute and fitted really well into the 1" Circle to make the balloons. I then used the 1 1/4" circle to layer them. 

I don't usually put anything on the inside of my cards so that people have plenty of space to write whatever they'd like but this time I really liked the stamps from Celebrate Baby so this is the inside of the card.


Even if I don't sell any I currently know four pregnant women so hopefully one of them will have a girl!!

Supplies:

All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.

Stamps: Itty Bitty Baby and Celebrate Baby
Card: Whisper White, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette and Sahara Sand
Inks and Pens: Rose Red and Blushing Bride
Tools and Embellishments: Owl Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Whisper White bakers twine, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip and Tombow Multi Liquid Glue.

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products feel free to contact me using the details at the top of the page or alternatively you can order from Stampin' Up! directly using the button on the right remembering to find my name in the demonstrator list before completing your purchase!



No comments:

Post a Comment