Tuesday 15 July 2014

Using your scraps

Hello everyone, I have a question for you. Are you the type of crafter that can't bear to get rid of any bits of scrap card or do you bin everything straight away? I've heard several people say that if it won't cover a card blank then it needs to be thrown away. I just can't do it, what if I can't finish a fantastic creation just because I threw out that small scrap of card. Unlikely I know, which is why I now have an overflowing scrap box! This is what inspired me to create today's card as I needed to clear some space so that I could close the lid again.


This card could easily be made with any colour scheme as it just uses up scraps of coloured or patterned card you have laying around. As I have used the Moonlight paper stack a fair bit I found that I had several small pieces left over that wouldn't be any good for covering a card blank but made a perfect pile of presents once the ribbon had been put over the top. To finish it off I then used a sponge dauber to ink the edges of the white card which was then matted on to Soft Suede card stock. As I don't like waste I used my new Stampin' Trimmer to cut out a frame of Soft Suede so that I could use the inner part of the rectangle for another creation. 

 The ribbon was stuck down using the new Fast Fuse Adhesive, which is great once you get used to it. I have to admit when I first tried it out I did not get on with it at all, it nearly ended up in the bin the same day it arrived along with the card it was getting stuck to! However I stuck with it (literally at some points as my phone almost got stuck to my card too!) as a lot of people have said how good it is and now I quite like it, I'll still stick to my SNAIL for most of my projects but for sticking ribbons and anything else you want to be truly permanently stuck I would recommend Fast Fuse. The clue is definitely in the name, it sticks really quickly and is very strong, there's no time for repositioning with this one. It is also fantastic for sticking down pieces you have run through an embossing folder as you need very little pressure to roll the glue out and so it doesn't lose any of the texture.

Supplies:

All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.

Stamps: Sassy Salutations
Card: Whisper White, Soft Suede and Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack
Inks and Pens: Soft Suede and Lost Lagoon Ink
Tools and Embellishments: Stampin' Trimmer, Fast Fuse Adhesive, Lost Lagoon Satin Stitched Ribbon and Sponge Daubers. 

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products feel free to contact me using the details at the top of the page or alternatively you can order from Stampin' Up! directly using the button on the right remembering to find my name in the demonstrator list before completing your purchase!



No comments:

Post a Comment