Wednesday 23 July 2014

Making gift cards exciting again

Hello everyone, I hope you are all getting some crafting time in and not melting in this continued heat. Today's make isn't a card as such but a gift card holder, I don't know about you but these days for birthdays and weddings more and more people are asking for gift cards rather than actual presents. I've always thought that just slipping the gift card into a normal card was a little boring so when Stampin' Up! brought out their gift card enclosures I was really excited. 

As you can see from the photo below I have made quite a range to take with me to the Summer Fair. They are so easy to do and you can embellish them in any way you want. For the majority I have just made a band out of patterned paper by loosely wrapping the paper round the closed enclosure (so that it can easily be slipped off again) and gluing together using SNAIL. I have then used either Tag Talk or Label Love and their matching punches (Artisan label, Bracket label, 1" Square and 1" circle) to create the sentiment which is stuck on using Stampin' Dimensionals. Some have then had buttons or flowers added to them to finish them off. You could also tie a ribbon round or stamp on to the card enclosure itself. There are so many options to make giving a gift card exciting again!


The two below are probably my favourites. Unfortunately you can't see the sentiment properly in the photo for the right hand one but it says cutest baby ever and stands out well in real life.


Below you can see the inside of the card, the gift card fits nicely into the pre cut corners and I have then added some washi tape and another stamped image to finish it off. For several of them I have used the stamp 'to and from' so that you then have space to write who it is for and from on the inside. The possibilities with these are pretty much endless you just need some creativity, which is made easy with Stampin' Up! products! As you can see I have opted to stay really simple this time round as I am making them in bulk but they can very easily be turned in to a more complex piece to suit any occasion.


As I have used such a range of products I am not going to list them all here so if there is anything you want to know just leave me a comment below. I will say through that these gift card enclosures are available for £5.50 for 10 which is 55p each! Bargin!

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products feel free to contact me using the details at the top of the page or alternatively you can order from Stampin' Up! directly using the button on the right remembering to find my name in the demonstrator list before completing your purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment