Saturday 24 March 2018

Just Add Ink #401

We made it to Saturday! Anyone else feeling like this has just been a really long week? I've still got my lovely rattling cough but I am feeling so much better than earlier in the week. I'm so glad it didn't turn into full flu this time as I did not want to deal with that again. Now if the weather could just sort itself out that would be great, I'd just like it to be consistent instead of it snowing, freezing, raining, begin to warm up and then show again! Enough is enough now!

Just add ink challenge
This week I wanted to play along with the just add ink sketch challenge which popped into my inbox yesterday. Strangely lots of ideas popped into my head straight away but then when I actually sat at my craft desk I couldn't work out what to do. I have several unfinished attempts at this sketch sat in a pile on my desk and if I'm honest I'm still not 100% happy with the finished card, I like parts of it but overall I'm not convinced.

Stampin' up eclectic expressions

This panel is the bit of the card I really like, I used powder pink, berry burst and fresh fig to stamp the circles. I alternated between fully inked and stamped off to get a variety of shades. Once I had all of my circles in place I used fresh fig again to stamp the confetti like stamp in random places. I can see myself creating more panels like this in a variety of colours!

Stampin' up eclectic expressions

The layer behind the stamped piece is another sale-a-bration offering called springtime foils and every sheet is absolutely stunning! As the sheet I chose to use has the champagne foil dotted through it, I added in a Champagne foil circle so that it all pulled together. It didn't look quite finished so I added the berry burst ribbon in too. As I said i'm not 100% sure about this card but it will do!

Stampin' up eclectic expressions

All of the supplies I have used to create today's card are in the table below, each product will take you straight through to my online shop. Until Tuesday, happy crafting!

Supplies:


2 comments:

  1. All those wonderfully colourful and textured dots really add such a dynamic feel to your card Cat! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the tones you've used one your card and the addition of the ribbon is a lovely touch. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete