Saturday 17 March 2018

Epic Celebrations

It may be a little late in the day but it's still Saturday so it's definitely an improvement on last week! It's been a really good week crafting wise, I had my normal monthly card class on Monday night then I was given the opportunity to demo at a local WI craft group. I was incredibly nervous, I think I checked my boxes of supplies about 12 times! I wasn't 100% sure how many people were going to turn up and I had no idea about what their skill levels were so I tried to plan something that was simple but not too simple and I took enough for the maximum number of people and spares just in case. I'm really glad I did because all 12 ladies turned up, which made me even more nervous to begin with but once we got started I got into my crafting zone and began to relax. Everyone was really friendly and I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, enjoyed themselves. I came home on such a high just because I felt it went well! I'm a very emotional orientated person so when I'm on an emotional high I just want to carry on doing what I love so I carried on crafting throughout the week. Today's card is one I made for my best friend's son for his birthday, I hope he liked it!

Stampin' Up! Brushos with Epic Celebration

Both the background and the guitar were coloured in using the Brusho crystals, they are such fun to use and give some really vibrant results.  For the background I used my aqua painter to create a large wash of water which I then sprinkled the blue powder on initially, once this had mixed in with the water I sprinkled a small amount of the yellow over the top which mixed itself to form small patches of green within the blue. I then used some tissue to pick up some of the larger pools of water and left it to dry. 

Stampin' Up! Brushos with Epic Celebration

Stampin' Up! used to do a black Stampin' Emboss powder as part of their range but they no longer have this colour. As I really wanted my guitar to be outlined in black and to be embossed I tried out a simple tip that I had heard before but never tried. If you ink up your stamp using versa mark first then ink it with your chosen colour, in this case black, when you stamp it onto the paper the versa mark is at the top of the image. This means that it is still tacky enough to put the embossing powder onto, it worked! The reason I wanted the guitar to be embossed is so that there was a slight barrier for the water. I used my aqua painter again to 'paint' over the guitar with the water, I then sprinkled red crystals all over the guitar and as the crystals only react with the water it meant that only the guitar turned the gorgeous vibrant red.

Stampin' Up! Brushos with Epic Celebration

I fussy cut the guitar and before I stuck everything down I used my scissors to distress the edges of the water colour paper, Island Indigo layer and the sentiment. I wanted a slightly messy look rather than the clean sharp look I usually have, it worked really well with the guitar image. To finish it off I then popped up the guitar and sentiment on Stampin' Dimensionals. I'm really pleased with it!

Stampin' Up! Brushos with Epic Celebration

All of the supplies I have used to create this card are in the table below. Just so you know the stamp set I used is a sale-a-bration item so it's only available until the end of March. If you purchased the Brusho Crystal colours, Watercolor Paper and the aqua painters you can earn the stamp set for FREE! However if you purchased everything I have used to make this card not only will you earn the stamp set I have used here but you can also choose another Level 1 item for FREE! If your wish list is really long then SAB is the very best time for you to join Stampin' Up!, either as a hobby demonstrator pr a business demonstrator, your choice. You get to choose £130 of SU products for £99 which includes p&p, then becuase it's sale-a-bration you can pick two extra stamp sets of your choice. You get to join our fun group and also get a minimum of 20% discount on everything you order once you join. It's definitely worth thinking about! Get in touch if you want to know more. Until Tuesday, happy crafting! 

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment