Sunday 1 May 2016

Sunday Retirement Showcase - New Home

Morning all, I am back again this week with another card using retiring/retired products. I've realised that I have far too many retired products that have just been sitting there doing nothing since they retired, some of them several years ago! I am really pleased I decided to do this weekly retirement showcase as it means I've been getting out all of my old products to have a play with.

My brother in law and his girlfriend recently got the keys to their very first house together so I wanted to make them a new home card. I've made a couple in the past but wanted to do a new one rather than re make something I had already done. I have several sets with houses in them so came up with several ideas but nothing really jumped out at me until I found this card by Robin Feicht by doing a Google search. I really liked that it didn't appear particularly feminine or masculine, it was fairly neutral which meant it would be great to give to a couple. I have to admit when I bought the Welcome Words stamp set I only bought it because I liked the stamp welcome (that I haven't used yet....) and completely overlooked the fact that it had home or a house stamp in it.

Stampin' Up! New Home Card

This stamp set has a lot more possibilities than I initially realised but it is retiring when the new annual catalogue comes out. You may well see it pop up more on a Sunday. The little houses with the smoke heart coming from the chimney is just so cute. 

As we are giving them a gift card as a moving in present, so that they are able to go and choose something they like to put their own mark on their new home, I made a coordinating gift card holder. I love how easy these are to make with the dies and then just embellish them a little (or a lot). It doesn't take long and it means that your gift can coordinate with you card.

Below in my list of supplies I have included all of the products that you can currently still buy. I you would like to know any of the other products that I have used to make this card please drop me an email and I will happily let you know.

Thanks for stopping by to read my blog.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment