Sunday 29 May 2016

Sunday Retirement Showcase - 60th Anniversary Part 1

Morning everyone, I am now back from our lovely family holiday, we had a great time in the sun, pools and water park! I apologise for the gaps in posts last week I didn't have as much time to schedule posts as I thought I would. However to make up for that fact there's going to be an extra post this week on Saturday 4th June where I am taking place in a blog hop. This is where myself and several other demos are going to be showing creations made with products from the new catalogue and there will be links on the post so you can move around the blogs to see everyone's work.

While we were away it was hubby's Grandparents 60th Wedding Anniversary, can you believe it, 60 years? When I said to hubby do you think we'll still be together for our 60th Anniversary he said we'll be lucky if we're still alive. I feel so loved! Plus we'll only be 83 so I'm hoping to still be around! Anyway, as we were going to be away I made their card and gift early. This week I will show you the card I made for them and then next week I will show you the coordinating gift.

Stampin' Up! 60th Wedding Anniversary

I started this card by digging out all of my old DSP as I had a sheet in mind that would be good for an anniversary card. However when I went looking I found this set first and realised that I had several products in the same colours that would go together really nicely.

Stampin' Up! 60th Wedding Anniversary

I love the cut out Rose's that came in an embellishment kit a while ago, I never got round to using it while it was current but loved it from when I first saw it. It's always the way, I buy something I love then don't find the perfect project for it for ages! Hopefully Stampin' Up! will do something similar in the future.

Stampin' Up! 60th Wedding Anniversary

Another product I bought but haven't used before is this lovely jewelled embellishment (the blurry photo doesn't do it justice) which I think if perfect for wedding or anniversary cards. Placed on top of the gorgeous lace trim just finishes the card off nicely. 

You now only have three days left to order any products on the retiring list so make sure you get anything you want before it's gone. I'll be back on Tuesday with another project showing off some of the products that will be gone by the end of the day. Thank you for stopping by to read my blog.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment