Saturday 21 June 2014

Burlap And Blooms Wreath

Afternoon everyone! I'm sorry there haven't been many posts this week, I've not been well and so have ended up spending most of the week either in bed or crashed out on the sofa with no energy. Even sitting at my crafting table was exhausting! I'm feeling slightly better today and as hubby keeps telling me to sit down I thought I would finally write this post. 

I wanted to share this lovely Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit with you, be warned there are lots of photos! This amazing kit is only available until 30th June as it is part of the Spring/Summer catalogue and it is so fun to make. The first photo is what comes in the kit, all you need to have to be able to complete it is a hot glue gun and some scissors, everything else is in the kit. I always get excited like a little kid when I have a kit like this to make, spreading out all the pieces and trying to decide where to start!


The first step is to make all of the flowers to go on the wreath. The kit comes with full instructions and each flower is so easy to make. I really enjoyed making them, the fringe flowers come pre cut so just needed rolling together, and the star flowers just needed layering. I have to admit I wasn't convinced at by the circle flowers (the red, blue and two yellow ones) when I first put them together as I thought I must have done them wrong. However as soon as I glued the buttons into the middle they looked a lot better, I hope you agree!



The next step was to wrap the burlap round the cardboard circle, simple!


Then put it all together and ta da.... see below for my finished wreath!


I cannot tell you how happy I am with the result! Now all I need is tall hubby to hang it up for me. If you fancy making one yourself make sure you grab the kit before the catalogue ends. 

Supplies:

Kits: Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit
Tools and Embellishments: Hot glue gun, Fringe Scissors (The effect could also be created using Paper Snips)

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products feel free to contact me using the details at the top of the page or alternatively you can order from Stampin' Up! directly using the button on the right remembering to find my name in the demonstrator list before completing your purchase!





No comments:

Post a Comment