Sunday 25 January 2015

Boot Camp - Week 2

Well I have successfully reached the end of the second week of Boot Camp, I am a little behind on some of the videos I'm supposed to be watching but otherwise I'm on track! This weeks creative task involved us finding a technique through Stampin' Up! that we haven't used before and give it a go. There were several places we could look like the catalogues, Impressions (a Demo only magazine), the Stampin' Up! website or Stampin' Connection (a great place for us demos to chat and share ideas). I have seen and heard quite a bit about the Bokeh technique, originally a photographic technique, so when I found a video tutorial on Stampin' Connection I just had to give it a try.


In the video the lady used White Craft ink but I don't have this (yet...!) so I decided to give it a go using the Yellow Citrus Chalk Ink and I think it has still turned out well. You start by randomly sponging the backgound with two different colours, mixing them a little in some places. Once this is dry you create a mask by cutting circles in various sizes out of either a window sheet or cardstock and then sponging the chalk ink (or craft ink) through the mask to create random circles. I then used the sponge dauber to add some smaller circles. You can add as few or as many circles as you like depending on how you want it to turn out. Practice and have fun!

As my background was so colourful I decided to keep the sentiment and cake black and white so that they didn't get lost. For this I used the new blackboard card and white embossing powder. The embossing stands out so well on this black card, I love it! The sentiment itself is from the Sale-a-bration set Big Day which means you can get this set for free with any £45 spend. Feel free to contact me with any questions and orders or just click my shop link on the right hand side which takes you directly to my online shop.

 One thing I need to point out here is you must must must use an embossing buddy when embossing onto this black card. Here is a photo to show you what happens if you don't.


It's not as clear, you get speckles all over it as the powder sticks anywhere it fancies on the card, awful! However you can see the results above if you take the time to give it a quick rub with the embossing buddy first. The powder then only sticks to the versa mark ink and you get a crisp clear print. In some circumstances this speckled effect could look quite good but here, no!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday and if anyone fancies joining me at my Coffee and Craft afternoon on Tuesday there are only 2 spaces left so drop me a message soon if you'd like to attend.

Supplies:


Price: £15.50
Built for Free Using:  My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment