Thursday 15 January 2015

Boot Camp - Week 1

Evening everyone, it is very windy again tonight, I'm really hoping we have no more leaking windows as we've already had three! Tonight I wanted to tell you a little about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. I first discovered Stampin' Up! about a year and a half ago when I started going to some local card making classes run by the lovely Lauren La Fey, I had been making cards for a few months at this point and became a little addicted. My first few orders were rather large (well they still are really!) as I just couldn't decide what I wanted to craft with first and it made sense to sign up as a hobby demonstrator which meant that I could get a lovely 20% discount on my craft stash. My idea was that I would just be a demo for a few months to take advantage of the discount and then stop, surely I couldn't need that much stuff! But what I didn't realise is how much fun it is being a demonstrator! Once I signed up I was suddenly part of an extended family called the Stampin' Stars, starting with Natalie at the head and all of her downlines (and all of their downlines and all of their downlines and so on....) underneath. It's a lovely large group of people that are so friendly and ready to help wherever it's needed, I'm just not ready to give that up!

So I thought I'd try and kickstart my business this year with Natalie's Boot Camp. For the next six weeks she will be giving those of us who signed up tasks that we must complete by the following Friday evening which will help boost our business. (One of those tasks is to hold at least one workshop/party each week so if anyone wants to host or attend a workshop let me know!) This week I think we started off gently as it was things like sort out your filing, tidy your craft space and sort through your craft stash to clear out retired items. I think it might step up a bit as the weeks go on! One of the other tasks this week was to choose a card in one of the catalogues and copy it as closely as possible but using a different stamp set and different colours. I chose the card in the top left on page 4 of the Spring/Summer catalogue for my task. I really like the stamp from the Hello Life set as I've decided that's what I will be doing this year! As you can see it's really easy to take inspiration from the catalogues and change it up a bit to make a different card! I tend to forget that I can pull inspiration direct from the catalogues.



If you wanted to become a part of this wonderful extended family either as a hobby demo or to try and start a business now couldn't be a better time. The usual perks of becoming a new demonstrator are: 
  • Pay £99 to join then choose £130 worth of items, and it's completely up to you what you choose (It can be made up of anything from the Annual and Spring/Summer catalogues)
  • Receive 20% off your orders (not including supply items e.g. catalogues)
  • Receive an extra 10% off your first over of over £150 if made within the first 45 days of joining, so that's 30% off!
  • If you enrol onto DBWS within the first 21 days of joining you receive 2 months free
  • You also have the opportunity to earn some free stamp sets by taking part in Stampin' Start
However if you join during Sale-a-bration you get all of the above AND you get to choose from two extra options! You can choose either a FREE Simply Created Project Kit from the Spring/Summer catalogue or TWO FREE sale-a-bration items.  As a demonstrator you get lots of support because if your upline doesn't know the answer chances are one of the other team members will be able to help and if they don't know there is always demo support to call on.  If you'd like more information just contact me using the details at the top of the page.

Supplies:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment