Tuesday 3 April 2018

Technique Tuesday #5 - Simplified Spotlighting

Hello and welcome back to another Technique Tuesday! I am in love with how simple yet gorgeous these cards are. The spotlighting technique is pretty simple as it is but I have simplified it further by using the beautiful Petal Passion DSP instead of stamping an image. This black and white paper is lovely on it's own but by adding a bit of colour it looks even better.


The original card I made is the one above in orange but the one in the video is the photo below. By adding a black circle behind the coloured one it really makes the colours pop, plus the shading already on the paper takes the hard work away.


To make your own you will need:
Base card  is 8 1/4" x 5 3/4"
DSP layer is 3 7/8" x 5 1/2"
Black circles are 1 1/2"
Sentiment and DSP circles are 1 1/4"

I hope you enjoy this weeks video!


Are you based in the Waterlooville area and want to have some fun crafting with others? Then why not book onto one of my classes? I have a product based class coming up on the 29th April and a technique based class on the 8th and 14th May (the same class run twice) just drop me an email csh.wiggle.craft@gmail.com to book your place!

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment