Sunday 8 October 2017

Dragonfly Dreams

Happy Sunday! It's just a quick post from me today, we have had a really busy weekend going to football training, a family BBQ and a birthday party. I can't believe it's almost over already, back to work tomorrow, boooo!! 

About a week ago I posted on Instagram the below photo of a Dragonfly we had seen on our walk back from town and my interpretation in ink. However I totally forgot to share the completed card so thought I would share it on my blog! Here is the original photo I took of the Dragonfly, you can barely see the wings in the photo.

Stampin' Up! Dragonfly Dreams

This was the photo of the my version of the Dragonfly. To stamp the wings I used Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry which I sponged onto the stamp so that I was able to achieve a good mix of colours. I then used my Cajun Craze Stamp 'n' write marker to colour in the body of the Dragonfly to stop the ink from going onto the wings. The body was also stamped again using the two step stamps in the set.

Stampin' Up! Dragonfly Dreams

I'm really pleased with how this turned out and although the wings aren't see through like the real thing I think the colour combination works well together.

Stampin' Up! Dragonfly Dreams

Once I had my Dragonfly I wasn't sure what to do next so I reached for my tablet and searched Pintrest for some inspiration. I found this lovely card made by Michelle Last which inspired me to use the dots in the set to make a frame round the card. I hope you like it!

Stampin' Up! Dragonfly Dreams

Don't forget if you'd like to have a go at making any of these cards yourself just get in touch and I can pop a catalogue in the post to you or if you're local why not come to one of my card making classes?


No comments:

Post a Comment