Tuesday 26 April 2016

How is he four?

Afternoon all, I have no idea how this happened but my little boy turned four a couple of weeks ago. I really cannot believe that he is four already, time goes so quickly when they are growing up and now we have little cub too it seems to be going even quicker! 

I usually make a card for little monkey's birthday but this is the first year he's actually asked for one and been very specific with his list of demands for his card. He said it had to have Spiderman, red, a big four and a Minion on. Not too much to ask for....I thought about printing a picture of Spiderman and then colouring it in but that seemed too easy, I wanted to make him. So I went onto Pinterest and searched for Spiderman punch art, I have a lot of punches so I was pretty sure I'd be able to make something! I found this card by Two Crafty Girls with a tutorial on how they made him. I didn't have all of the punches they used or the spider web embossing folder but I think he turned out pretty well. What do you think? 

Stampin' Up! Spiderman Punch Art

For my Spiderman I used a versamark pen and Stampin' Emboss black embossing powder to create the webbing effect. The background of the card was created with stamps from Gorgeous Grunge in Real Red and Pacific Point, I stamped each one off on some scrap paper first so that it wasn't too bright. I didn't want to take away from the main focal point. So we have Spiderman, there's red and there's a big four on the front, where's the Minion you ask? He's hiding on the inside of the card with a little birthday flag.

Stampin' Up! Minion

As I've posted this photo I've just realised he doesn't have a mouth! I'm not sure how I missed that but luckily little monkey didn't notice! When he opened his card he actually did a fist pump and said 'Yessssss' so I'm pretty sure he liked it. 

Just to let you know the oval punches that I used on this project and the black Stampin' Emboss powder are all on the retirement list so if you want them you had better get them quickly! Thanks for stopping by to read my blog.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment