Monday 16 February 2015

Blue Valentine

Evening everyone, it's been a fun and busy day today. I took little Monkey to Queen Elizabeth Country Park today as they had a pirate activity going on. He got to decorate his own sword and eye patch and then go on a treasure hunt. He was most impressed when he realised the gold coin was chocolate! After some digger spotting this afternoon little monkey is well and truly tired out!

Now onto today's card, I couldn't show you this before Valentine's Day as one of my lovely friends asked me to make this for her other half and we didn't want to ruin the surprise. Equally though this could be used as an Anniversary card so I thought I would still share it.


When Donna asked me to make this card she just said she wanted it blue and that it should probably have a heart on. I was stumped for quite a while but once again the internet came to my rescue. I found a blue card with a kingfisher on by Mary Bush (see it here) and as my friend LOVES penguins I thought this was the perfect bird to replace the kingfisher. I made this cute little guy using the Owl punch and just trimmed off his ears. I cut the feet out of Pumpkin Pie and then stuck them underneath the white belly so that he had coloured feet rather than just black.


As I was going with a blue theme I thought the sentiment from the Sheltering Tree set worked perfectly so that everything stayed blue except for the penguins heart which has been warmed to red. I have been told that my friend and her boyfriend loved the card so I'm very happy.

That's it for today, thank you for stopping in to read my blog. I'll be back on Wednesday with another set of weekly deals.

Supplies:


Price: £15.50
Built for Free Using:  My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment