Saturday 7 April 2018

Sunshine and Rainbows

I really cannot believe it's Saturday already. This week has gone so fast and there's been so much to do, but I'm pretty sure that I got it all done. I'll know for sure by the end of tomorrow as it's Ethan's birthday party tomorrow afternoon. I've got some final cooking and food prep to do in the morning but the majority of it is done. I'm really glad I got organised as we were at a family wedding yesterday and I definitely did not feel like cooking when we got home today!

Stampin Up Sunshine & Rainbows and Magical Day

Today's card is one that I made for my God daughter for her birthday a couple of weeks ago, I had such fun making it and I've been told it was a hit. Once again I took out my blends to give my unicorn a bright and colourful mane, although I could have easily achieved the same look with my Stampin write markers. To colour in the body of my unicorn I used the light grey marker and the went over the top with the colour lifter which added shading without looking too grey. 

Stampin Up Sunshine & Rainbows and Magical Day

To create my clouds I used the cloud dies from the Sunshine and Rainbows bundle, then using my fine tip glue pen I placed a small amount of glue along the edge of each set of clouds. I then poured Dazzling Diamonds glitter over the glue, putting the excess back in the pot. Once the glue dried it gave a really sparkly edge to my clouds. 

Stampin Up Sunshine & Rainbows and Magical DayStampin Up Sunshine & Rainbows and Magical Day

Once my clouds were dry I then cut out my rainbow and stuck this down behind the top cloud line. You'll notice in the photo below that there is a section of rainbow missing. I hadn't realised there are 7 pieces of rainbow until I went to put them away and found the smallest band still in the pack. So I quickly cut out the smallest one and stuck it down. My clouds have all been raised up a little using foam strips which allowed me to tuck both the rainbow and the unicorn behind the clouds.

Stampin Up Sunshine & Rainbows and Magical Day

As I can't resist a bit more glitter I finished the card off by adding wink of stella to the rainbow and placed some glitter enamel dots randomly on the card. I am really pleased with how this one turned out and I hope you like it too!

Stampin Up Sunshine & Rainbows and Magical Day

Come back on Tuesday for another Technique Tuesday video but until then happy crafting!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment