Sunday 4 February 2018

Happy Wishes on a Sunday

Good morning all, I am currently sat relaxing in a hotel in the Meon valley, Craig surprised me by organising a lovely night away without the boys. It's been really nice spending time together without having to worry that we would have to get up early the next day to sort out the boys. We spent the day yesterday just looking round some shops and then a trip to the cinema to see Jumanji. If you haven't already seen it you should, it's very funny!

Today's card was inspired by a Facebook live that my upline did for team training in which she had used her embossing paste to add texture to the prickles on a hedgehogs back. It made me realise that I hadn't used my own embossing paste since I'd first bought it. It's nice to get supplies out that you haven't used in a while as they tend to get forgotten.

Stampin' Up! Happy Wishes

To start with I mixed a small amount of the paste on a clear block with one drop of Rose Red reinker, the more drops you add the more intense the colour.

Stampin' Up! Embossing Paste

Once I had mixed in the ink I then placed my mask over Whisper White cardstock and spread an even layer of the paste over the top. This paste is really quick drying so you should definitely wash all of your tools as soon as you have finished with them, otherwise you get left with a residue which is hard to remove.

Stampin' Up! Embossing Paste

Once removed you can see the lovely pattern created, this would look good plain white or with any colour mixed in, experiment and have fun!

Stampin' Up! Embossing Paste

As I had used some nice bright colours for my background I thought a black sentiment and base would work well and make the colours pop. Although I did add some extra colour to the sentiment by colouring in the flowers with my Stampin' Write markers. I also ran the tip of my Rose Red marker along the edge of the Whisper White cardstock as I felt it looked a bit out of place without it. Then to finish it off I added some leaves from the Touches of Nature elements.

Stampin' Up! Happy Wishes

I'm really pleased with the way today's card turned out. The stampset I have used is another Sale-a-bration freebie and if you wanted to buy all of the supplies to make this card then you'll earn the stamp set for FREE. If you didn't want to recreate this card but still wanted the stamp set you would just have to spend £90 (this is a level 2 freebie as there are so many stamps in it!) on any other supplies and the set is yours for free. Let me know below what you think of today's card. Happy crafting.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment