Tuesday 22 May 2018

Technique Tuesday #11 - String Pull

This blog post needs to come with a warning, this technique is highly addictive and I will not be held responsible for the loss of many hours crafting. I also recommend letting someone know where you are going so that they can send regular refreshments or a search party if you do not return from your crafting space.

Stampin Up String Technique

I am now in love with this technique but I am not 100% sure what to call it so at the moment it is the string pull technique. I first saw this in a video on Facebook where they took a piece of string covered in ink, placed this between the pages of a book and pulled. This produced a gorgeous image and Stampin Up demos have gone crazy over it. 

Stampin Up String Technique

I have seen sample after sample of this pop up in my news feed and I just had to give it a go myself. What I really love about it, other than its simplicity, is that each one is unique. The photo above and below have used the same bit of bakers twine and the same colour ink but have created a different image depending on how I lay the twine and how much ink was soaked up.

Stampin Up String Technique

Now that you have seen a couple of examples take a look at my video which shows you have I've made them. Once you've watched it scroll on down for some more examples - I did warn you it's addictive.


I promise you it really is as easy as it looks, if you don't have a stamparatus don't worry you can sandwich you card stock in a book (just be weary of the ink staining through) or any other object that you can apply even pressure too. 

Stampin Up String Technique

For the card above I tried out Berry Burst re-inker and laid the bakers twine a bit looser. The photo below shows what you can achieve if you use two colours. I dipped the top half of the twine in Bermuda Bay ink and the bottom half in Berry Burst. I still left myself some dry twine at the end to pull and as you can see it gives a really lovely result where the colours join and mix.

Stampin Up String Technique

I can't decide whether the multi coloured image above is my favourite or the one below where I have created a large Lemon Lime Twist swirl with a smaller Berry Burst swirl either side.

Stampin Up String Technique

Yes, I think this one might be my favourite.

Stampin Up String Technique

Let me know which one is your favourite by leaving me a comment below. Thank you for stopping by my blog today, don't forget to head over to my YouTube channel and hit subscribe to know as soon as I upload another video. 

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment