Sunday 24 April 2016

Sunday Retirement Showcase

Morning everyone, I hope you've all had a lovely weekend so far? We had a really fun day yesterday as there was a mini fair in the town to celebrate the Queen's birthday. Little monkey got his face painted with a Batman mask and then had a great time on the bouncy slide and hook the duck. After all the walking we did we were exhausted so going to take it easy today and have a lazy day!

As many of you will know Stampin' Up! have released the list of all of the products that will be retiring when the current catalogues end on 31st May. Anything on that list is only available until that date and while stocks last. It got me thinking about all of the stamp sets and tools that I own that are either retiring this year or have retired in the past. Ordinarily I do my best to keep them off my blog because I like to show you cards made with the latest Stampin' Up! stock. However someone said that we all need inspiration sometimes and so if you also own these old sets you don't want them gathering dust. I have a lot of retired items because I have been using Stampin' Up! products for about 3 1/2 years now and the reason I bought them is because I really liked them so I don't want to stop using them or sell them. For that reason I have decided that on a Sunday only I am going to showcase cards made with retired products. That way if you also own these sets you've got fresh inspiration and if you don't you will hopefully take something from the card that you can use with current sets.

To start off with I will be making cards using products that are on the current retiring list. As I said above that means that they are only available while stocks last until the 31st May. So items were even sold out before the list went live so if there's something you really want, act fast! If you want to see everything that is retiring but still in stock please click on the 'Going, going, gone' box on the left hand side.


Today's card is showing the Going Places DSP Stack and Going Global stamp set which are retiring from the Spring/Summer catalogue and and the Itty Bitty Banner Framelit Dies retiring from the Annual catalogue. I really like the Going Global product suite and I'm quite sad that it's going. I usually struggle making men's cards but since finding this set I have managed to make several cards from my husband and father in law. I love all of the different papers in the paper stack, there's quite a few to choose from. This is one set I wish was staying! I'm not sure if you can see very well from the photo but the star itself has been scored on each outer and inner point allowing me to make it stand up on the page rather than laying completely flat.


The sentiment is from Sunburst Sayings which I'm quite pleased is staying in the new catalogue as I haven't had a chance to use it much since I bought it. I hope you like what you've seen today, as usual I have listed all of the products I have used below and by clicking on the image it will take you through to my shop. Thanks for reading.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment